Architecture is the mother of all arts. Architecture renders the onlooker the image of place, city i.e. it’s the built form which relates one and all of us to a particular place/experience. Having said it, diversity in Living, culture. climate brought about the diversity in Architecture through-out the world which makes different parts of the world unique in itself for that very aspect. However, there is increasing quest among most of the leading cities of the world to glorify itself in terms of ever-increasing skylines of its urban infra-structure. This quest has taken a serious shape in last 15-20 years as such most of the new developed/developing cities across the world particularly in middle-east and south-east Asian countries. These countries are flaunting almost similar sort of urban infrastructure despite of varied culture, tradition, vernacular architecture practices and climate. Hence, to address this dilution of context/regionalism in Architecture and to sustain the legible diversity in Architecture addressing the context of different regions/places amid these global contemporary trends/isms ought to the foremost role of Architects/urban designers/Planners etc. This conference aim to address this very issue so that judicious ways may be sought such that Global technology/practices may be adopted for obvious benefits but still the placelessness may be not be there in prevailing contexts of Climate vis-à-vis built form across the globe.
1. Parallel Paper presentation Sessions.
2. Poster presentation sessions.
3. Workshop on Vernacular Architecture (Hill Architectural practices) in India.
4. Heritage tour covering Architecture of Jammu City- Ancient palaces and Temple Architecture.
5. Each Parallel session shall have one key note speaker from Academia/research/practice (20-30 minutes) and one from the sponsor.
6. Best Paper/Poster presentation prize in each session. (Memento, Certificate and cash Prize).
7. Interactive Creative Spheres: Interactive parallel garden interactions with one invited speaker.
8. Two Plenary session: chaired by 03 inviting experts and a moderator.
9. Coffee and Architecture: Innovative coffee breaks restricted to individual groups having common research interest and facilitating discussion amongst peers and invited experts. (To be designed in the program of the conference).
10. Printed full paper conference proceedings with ISBN no.
11. All registered participants shall receive certificate of international significance.
12. Selected presented papers shall be published in International Journal/s.
1. Dr. Fabio Naselli, Scientific Director-Ierek-Italy
2. Ar. Jeet Kumar Gupta, Retd-senior Town planner, Govt. of Punjab, Chandigarh-India.
3. Prof. (Dr.) Henry Walter Richardson, Cornell University-USA
4. Prof. (Dr.) Pushplata, Department of Architecture-Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee-India
5. Prof. Rabindra Vasavada, CEPT University-India
6. Prof. (Dr.) Meenakshi Jain, Director-School of Planning and Architecture (SPA),Vijaywada-India
7. Ar. Jeet Malhotra, Retd-Chief Architect, Punjab-India (Ex-Le Corbusier's Associate during Chandigarh Planning)
8. Dr. M.A.M. Khalil, University of Palermo-Italy.
9. Prof. Pardeep Bhagat, Head-Chandigarh College of Architecture (CCA)-India
10. Dr. Tarush Chandra, Prof. & Head -department of Architecture, MNIT Jaipur -India.
11. Prof. (Dr.) Mandeep Singh; School of Planning and Architecture (SPA),Delhi-India
12. Prof. (Dr.) Ranjana Mittal; School of Planning and Architecture (SPA),Delhi-India
13. Prof. (Dr.) Sandeep Dua; Department of Architecture, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-India
14. Ar. C.L. Razdan; Ex-Professor & Head-Department of Architecture-SMVD University-India
15. Ar. Rajendra Kumar, Sushant School of Art & Architecture-Ansal University, India
16. Ar. Amanjeet Kour, Department of Architecture, NIT Hamirpur-India.
17. Dr. Mahmoud Y.M. Ghoneem, Helwan university-Egypt
18. Dr. Ram Sateesh, Department of Architecture-Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee-India.
19. Dr. Chaham Alalouch, Sultan Qaboos University-Oman
20. Dr. Neha Bansal, D C Patel College of Architecture-India
21. Dr. Claudio Gambardella, Associate Professor-Italy.
22. Ar. Chithra K, Department of Architecture-Calicut-India
23. Prof. (Dr.) Ferdinando Trapani, Palermo University-Italy
24. Prof. Neeraj Gupta, Central University-Rajasthan, India
25. Prof. C R Jetty, Head-Nitte School of Architecture-Bangalore, India
26. Ar. V K Pant, Chief Architect-Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir, India
27. Ar. Manoj C; Senior Architect-Atkins Dubai
28. Ar. R K Jhigan, Retd-Chief Architect, Delhi Development Authority (DDA)- India
29. Mr. R Srinivis, Town and Country Planning organization-Govt. of India-Delhi, India
30.Dr. Ashwani Kumar-Department of Architecture, MNIT Jaipur -India.
31. Ar. Hariender Arora, Senior Town planner, Jammu-India
32. Ar. Rajesh Rokade, Sir JJ College of Architecture-Mumbai, India
1. Hon’ble Governor of J&K and Chancellor-SMVD University- Chief Patron
2. Hon’ble Vice- Chancellor, SMVD University- Patron
3. Registrar SMVDU-Co-Patron
4. Dean Faculty of Engineering, SMVDU- Chairman
5. Head DoALD- Convenor
6. Ar. Navin Gupta- Co-Convenor
7. Ar. Anoop Kumar Sharma- Organizing Secretary
8. Ar. Abhiney Gupta & Ar. Abhimanyu Sharma- Joint Organizing Secretaries
Duration of the conference: April 14th – April 16th, 2017 (03 days)
Venue: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Kakryal-Katra (Jammu and Kashmir)-India
Registration fee shall include:
- Attractive Conference Kit.
- Access to all tea/coffee breaks and lunch during conference days.
- Access to all the interaction sessions, talking circles, poster sessions and plenary sessions etc.
- Access to Welcome reception/Dinner on Ist evening of the conference.
- Certificate of participation/presentation.
- Access to workshop during the conference.
- Access to heritage walk during the conference.
- Full paper publication in Conference proceedings with ISBN no./ and publication in international journal, if shortlisted by reviewer committee.
- Flash-drive having e-proceedings of the conference.
- Chance to be the part of Reviewer’s committee in our future conferences.
Abstracts/full papers are invited from research scholars/students/faculty/practitioners belonging to field of Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape, Design, Interior Design, Environmental Engg, Sustainable Architecture/Design/Planning etc. (but not limited to) pertaining to the theme/sub-themes (but not limited to) of the conference . Max. 300 words abstract with the authors name, affiliation, research paper topic and detailing out the methodology & scope of the research along with 4-5 keywords in MS-word format or pdf format can be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Focus of the Conference: Image and Identity of a place through Architectural Typology-A Global Insight: Pros and Cons.
1. Global Architectural Practices: Scopes and Concerns in Contemporary Urban and Extra-urban Environments.
2. Local Trends, Architectural typology vis-à-vis Global Identity.
3. Architectural Intervention versus ecological sustainability.
1. Isms in 21st Century
2. High-Tech Architecture
3. Net Total Design Movement
4. 21st Century Houses
5. Urban Renewal Interventions in Contemporary era
6. Bio Mimicry and organic approaches in Architecture
7. Critical Regionalism in 21st century
8. Futuristic Architecture and Context
9. Form Space and order in Architecture/Design
10. Architectural Diversity-Pros and Cons in present interventions
11. Low cost and vernacular practices of today's architecture
12. New Vs. Old: conservation in Architecture
13. Urban Landscape Approaches
14. Architecture/Design and Energy Dialogue
15. Tourism Oriented Planning and Design
16. Global Trends in Architecture:Remarkable Studies
17. Urban Skylines: Decline of diversity in Architecture and Urban Infrastructure
18. Urban, Rural and Rurban: Architecture/planning approaches
19. Urban Design and Urban Environment studies
20. Contemporary vs Historic: Interiors vs Exteriors